Trademark v A&E Moving SlowlyPosted: October 25, 2007
As often happens in litigation, the Trademark Properties lawsuit is moving along slowly. On July 17, the Court set a number of deadlines:
- Plaintiffs ID of Expert Witness due by 9/13/2007
- Defendants ID of Expert Witnesses Due by 10/13/2007
- Amended Pleadings due by 11/13/2007
- Discovery due by 11/13/2007
- Motions due by 12/13/2007
- Jury Selection Deadline 2/13/2008
The docket doesn’t reflect any filings that designate experts in this case. Discovery, of course, is not filed with the Court. It looks as if there won’t be much activity on the case until we start approaching the motions deadline, and it is entirely possible that the parties will seek a new scheduling order at that time.
There have been a few documents filed, dealing with the results of the summary judgment hearing. They are:
- TRANSCRIPT of Summary Judgment Motion Hearing held on June 6, 2007 before Judge C. Weston Houck.
- MOTION for Reconsideration by Departure Films.
- MOTION for More Definite Statement for Clarification by A&E Television Networks.
- RESPONSE in Opposition re MOTION for More Definite Statement for Clarification, MOTION for Reconsideration.
- FIRST AMENDED SCHEDULING ORDER